Is there a link between CVD and preterm birth? A study looks at the impact of a preterm birth on the mother's future risk of cardiovascular disease. Plus: Do shift work and physical labor negatively impact a woman's fertility? Also, are women who get a false-positive mammogram more likely to delay their future screenings? Four areas of unnecessary senior healthcare October 04, 2016 By Aine Cryts Two reports highlight areas of elderly care that healthcare systems and health plans should avoid. Does OC use lead to longer progression-free survival in ovarian cancer? December 16, 2015 By Judith M. Orvos ELS A look at whether or not oral contraceptives help with ovarian cancer survival. Plus: Do false-positive mammogram results serve as a sign of future breast cancer risk? Coding Insights: Billing for preventive care and additional services July 02, 2015 By Renee Dowling Answers to reader questions about coding with a new evaluation and management with modifier 25 and codes for 3D mammograms. Do dense breasts mean more imaging? A new study looks at whether or not women with dense breasts require alternative screening methods. Conventional wisdom about reducing salt intake to lower blood pressure may not be correct. What's the impact of breastfeeding on reducing the recurrence of certain breast cancer types. Digital mammography better for screening dense breasts December 10, 2014 By Judith M. Orvos ELS For screening dense breasts, 3D digital mammography outperforms standard 2D mammography, according to results of a prospective trial of more than 25,000 women. Women’s health: Understanding the primary care physician’s role September 22, 2014 By Deborah Olsen Female patients present unique health challenges including pregnancy, heart disease, diabetes and breast cancer. Women’s health: Understanding the primary care physician’s role September 22, 2014 By Deborah Olsen Female patients present unique health challenges including pregnancy, heart disease, diabetes and breast cancer. Mammography cost includes follow-up April 01, 2014 By Julie Miller Mammograms contribute 62% of the cost and the remaining 38% is attributed to follow-on diagnostics. Do yearly mammograms reduce the number of breast cancer deaths? A new study casts doubt on their effectiveness February 13, 2014 By Donna Marbury The debate over the necessity of annual mammograms continues as a recent study suggests that the screenings for breast cancer do not reduce the number of deaths from the disease.