Premium Content Preview | Focus on Technology: Preparing your practice for ICD-10
Does each system support ICD-10 codes? Is your server equipped to handle new codes or new software products?
With more than 68,000 ICD-10 codes replacing approximately 14,000 ICD-9 codes, many healthcare entities realize that paper solutions, such as superbills, will no longer meet their needs. Likewise, electronic documentation tools that lack effective ICD-10 coding features leave practices vulnerable to transition pains.
• Reducing medical errors
• Improving quality and outcomes measurement
• Informing clinical research
• Assisting health policy planning
• Reporting on use and effects of new medical technology
• Monitoring public health and bioterrorism
• Educating consumers on costs and outcomes of treatment options
• Reducing rejected and improper reimbursement claims
• And many more efficiency and data improvements